Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The First Book Review

It has begun. I will, in a few moments, write my first book review for my blog. But before I do I have to mention something else for a moment. Blogger frustrates me sometimes. I can not remember for the life of me how to change font colors and such, and I can't find it any where. So, if someone could kindly comment and remind me I will love you forever. (I would love you forever anyways, but I'll love you extra much.) So here it goes......
The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb. It was...... interesting. It is a book about a Fetch (a being who takes the dead souls to heaven) named Calder who messes up the natural order of things by entering the world. He ends up in the middle of the Russian revolution and ends up trying to save Anastasia and her younger brother, Alexis. Ana (what she goes by in the book) and Calder end up falling in love. Surprisingly the romance is not emphasized very strongly in the book. The story is more about the fallen Fetch saving the two Russian children. It wasn't my favorite read, but I did enjoy the book. It is about 360 pages so not a terribly quick read, but it's a good book if you want one to skim through.Truthfully, it isn't a book that will stick with me. It is slightly entertaining, but not life altering.
There you go, the first official book review on my blog. Aren't you proud of me?
p.s. I tried to upload a picture of the book but for some reason nothing would work. I tried quite a few times with different pictures. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment