Thursday, September 16, 2010

A late Mockingjay

I promised a book review of Mockingjay, sorry it is so late. Now that school has started I am extremely busy. I finished the book quite a while ago, so lets see how this goes.
I thought the book was a very good ending. The author ( I can't remember her name) is a wonderful writer, and whoever Katniss would have ended up with I would have been satisfied with. She's just that kind of writer. I was very sad about all the characters that died, some of my favorites were killed off. But I appreciated that she didn't end the book with an "and they all lived happily ever after". Because no one would after what Katniss had experienced. I'm glad the author didn't make everything all better, she made it realistic. All of Katniss's breakdowns would have happened to any one after such an ordeal. And I have to say I loved that she wasn't a perfect, happy, nice person. She was a real person with real struggles and faults. I loved that Coin died too. I didn't like her very much. The only thing I can think of that I didn't like was that Katniss let her kids play on the group grave. Even though the children didn't realize what it was I would have been too disturbed to let my children play there, knowing old friends were under my kids feet. That's a little creeepppyyyy.
I've been feverishly working on my book since school started. I have a hard time doing my homework I slave over it so much, actually. I just really, really, really, really,really like to write. Especially Gray Eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment