Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stickyness

I am stuck with one of my stories. I have been working on this story very seriously for a while, spending lots of time thinking about it, planning, brainstorming, talking it over with myself, researching, etc. And for my mentor/intern class I have started reading this book about characterization by Orson Scott Card. It's been very useful and inspiring. But, as I'm going back to fix things, its been very difficult. I like my beginning so far and I was planning on just sticking some new stuff in.
But, looking through it again, I have realized that I need to start it over. Granted, its only 33 pages. But its hard for me to not only let go of the version I have right now, but to get it out of my head all the way. Hm. And, I might need to switch the perspective I'm writing from, so I need to decide before I do anything.
Decisions, decisions.
It's going to take me a while. Darn it. I wish the beginning I have set up in my head would just appear on the paper. Or rather, computer screen.
I need my mentor, a person that I have yet to meet this semester. :/
Wish me luck!
SO, on to other things that are just as important. I am Number Four comes out this weekend! Alex Pettyfer (if thats how you spell his last name...) is the main character. He's one of my all time FAVORITE actors. My friends and I have been waiting for this movie for like six months. It's very exciting. We're going to see it. I'll tell you how it goes.
AND to make things even BETTER, another movie staring him comes out in about a month. It's called Beastly, and its a story off of Beauty and the Beast. Which, by the way, was one of my favorite disney movies as a kid. So, I'm getting two amazing things in one movie. I can't wait for that one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment