Saturday, December 17, 2011

I'm not really sure what this is

I go home tomorrow. I do not believe there are words to express a college student's excitement at the idea of going home and not having to completely take care of yourself for at least a week. Not that my parents do everything for me, but dinner and dishes and laundry won't be completely up to me. My roommate is even more excited about this since she didn't get to go home for Thanksgiving. We are both at our amazing aunts house until we leave. She is fantastic for letting us eat her food and sleep in her house and pretty much just crash after finals.
My last day on campus was very stressful. I woke up at 6:30 to get to work on time. No one should wake up that early during finals week. After work I rushed over to the testing center and studied for ten minutes while I ate two peanut-butter and apricot jam sandwiches. I had four pieces of bread left and needed to get rid of them, thus the two sandwiches. I went to take my test only to find out I was in the wrong building. I'd misread the signs all over the testing center. So I rushed over to the other building doing my best to not stress out any more. After waiting in a ridiculously long line I walked into the auditorium where they were temporarily having finals. I'm pretty sure that room was never meant to hold that many people. There were students taking finals sitting against all the walls and pretty much every seat was taken. I wandered quite a bit until I found a free seat and then spent two hours taking my lat final. I walked out and didn't even care what my grade was as long as I passed. Afterwards my roommate and I had an insane cleaning and packing session to get ready in time, and in my case ended up forgetting all sorts of things. That's always how I travel. I forget everything it seems like.
So yeah. That was a blob of information, but it should convey some of my stress of that day. Since then I've done nothing but watch TV and work on my story and talk with cool people. I'm okay with this. In fact, I love this. Except for my wet hair, I'm ready for it to dry quickly.
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment