Sunday, April 15, 2012

Apples

As with the stereotype of college life, I have experimented with my dinners. Sometimes this flops and I get burnt rice or a hamburger that refuses to stay together as a patty. But then sometimes I stumble across something fantastic. The other day I tried to be creative while using up some food I needed to get rid of. It sounds strange, but it was one of the best things I've ever tasted. It was BBQ sauce, Chicken breasts, yellow onion, and apple slices. I forget what kind of apple, one of the sweet red ones like a Fuji or something. It was the perfect mix. The apples were actually the best part, I wish I had used more. When I eventually go home I'm going to make it for my family and see what they think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in college as well but I live alone off-campus and if anything, I need to make a quick meal that won't divert my thoughts from my studies. I'm a Psyche major and according to my research, the mind only holds precious little information in the short term memory "slot" and then it "deletes" in favor of the more important stuff and inserts that into the long term memory "slot." Well, if you're like me, the slots can get confused and the long term slot empties the important stuff in favor of the not so important stuff. Therefore, I need to stay focused for longer periods of time and interrupt the thought process less. Does this make sense? I should have just said, "mmmm chicken." lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well this is a great meal because it only takes a few minutes to throw together in the morning and then you come home and its ready!

    ReplyDelete