Monday, August 8, 2011

Coolest project. Ever.

For my Bio 100 class I had to do a final project. The assignment was to spend 15-20 hours making something that was about Earth stewardship. Yeah. When I first heard that I had no idea what she was talking about. It turns out its basically taking care of Earth and being responsible. I decided to design a community garden. It turned out really nice I must say. And I'm not usually the bragging type. Quite the opposite in fact. It took me a long time to even just research what plants I was going to use. But, thanks to a book my Grandma gave me it was a lot easier than it could have been. It was an amazing resource.
This week my friend from home came to visit on her way home from a family reunion. We wanted to go out and do something so the two of us along with my roommate went to see *drumroll*....
Cowboys and Aliens.
It was interesting. A one time see, something you watch on instant play on Netflix when you're really bored. We would have seen Captain America (one of the best movies EVER!) but I had just seen it with my cousin.
To top off the weekend I went to dinner at my Aunt's house for dinner. It was delish. And they knew it was my bday later this week so they decided I needed to blow out a candle before we could eat brownies. They had moved here recently so they were still missing some stuff, which means they couldn't find any bday candles. But they did find a big candle. As in candle-lit romantic dinner kind of candle. So my cousin stuck it in the middle of the brownies. I took a picture on my phone, it was just too funny. Imagine a giant red candle sticking out of the center of a pan of brownies. Great stuff. So I blew it out. And when we took the candle out there was a big hole. Probably one of the best birthday treats I've ever had. It was that cool.
I have finals this week. I was really nervous, but right now... not so much. I've studied so much this term that I think I'm prepared. I've worked hard and kept my grades up, so I should do alright. I'd better do well. I've worked too hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment