Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'm baaack!

BYU, here I am! You get to deal with me once again. *Cue evil laugh*
I'm actually a little bit sad to be back. I had a ton of fun at home. I spent almost every night out with friends and got closer to my family. I got lots of writing done and basically just enjoyed myself. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun here, but it is starting all over again. I had a hard time falling asleep last night. I also had a strange dream. I don't remember any of it, but I was very disturbed when I woke up. I had no idea where it had come from either, which almost makes it worse.
I finished The Hourglass Door Trilogy. Those books are now my favorite, easy. I've never been able to say that before. Her descriptions and use of emotions is breathtaking. As a writer, I'm jealous. If you never read any of the other books I suggest on here, please read this series. I would say just read the first one, but it's impossible to not read all three. The first two books end with cliff hangers (normally annoying, but this time it's a good thing) that won't let you go until you find out the ending. All three books are so well tied together. When I finished the last book I couldn't stop thinking about them for a week. When I am no loner tight for money I will buy all three of them.

2 comments:

  1. You HAVE to join goodreads.com. I'd love to hear all your book reviews and get good book ideas from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in Seagull Book a few days ago and they had a Bargain Blowout of The Hourglass Door for . . . wait for it. . . $0.99! So, since you raved so much about it I snatched one up and read it in a day. Yes, great fun to read. I will now have to get the other two. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete