Sunday, July 31, 2011

My week and books

I learned something new this week. It is possible to procrastinate and work at the same time. About the same assignment. It's called working really, really, really, really (did I say really?) slow. It took me a very long time to do an assignment that should have taken me a couple hours. It was annoying, because I had planned to work on a big project due a week from tomorrow (I'm still a little flustered by the idea). I took all my stuff for both of these assignments to the library, my roommate and I both determined to get a lot done.
Ha.
The funniest part is that we weren't even talking or distracting each other that much. It just took me forever to do the assignment. Painfully long. And I never did get to my project.
But on the upside I had a wonderful and fun Saturday. And I've probably spent far too much time on my homework this term. I really want to get A's in both of my classes. I never really cared in high school, as long as it wasn't a C. Now I want to try to get scholarships.
Why didn't I think of this earlier? I keep asking myself that. My guess: High school was too easy (with a few exceptions) for me to ever really care. I could get by with out really trying, so I didn't. I focused on other things, like reading, or friends. Good things, but I could have spent a little more time on school. And my music. I slid by with the piano too. But I'm going to change that. I have sheet music I plan on buying, and I am going to work really hard and get that song down as fast as I can.
I read two books this week. Shadow Hunter and Firethorn. Not a huge fan of either of them. I couldn't even finish Firethorn. Please don't read it. It's only perk is what made it so awful; the characters didn't have modern ideals about how to treat women or people of lower class. It grated on every cell of my body. I put up for it for a while, thinking that as the two main characters fell in love he would treat her better. Nope. He was a jerk the whole time.
Shadow Hunter was good, but it wasn't amazing. It was a good quick read, an action book with a little mystery in a very realistic setting. It's not going on my list, though. It just didn't have enough... spark for me. Maybe if I was a guy I would have liked it, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment