Friday, February 24, 2012

Tristan and Isolt

This is a romance written in medieval times that I read for my history class. One of the things I love about college classes I end up reading things I would never choose on my own. Sometimes it flops, but sometimes I tuck the title into the back of my mind to read again. Like How To Kill an Mockingbird  and The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin. I have read both of these more than once and really like them.
"Tristan and Isolt" on the other hand I found an... interesting read. Part of the problem is what was considered normal back when it was written is very different from today. Like men running around and killing giants. And adding rainbow fairy dogs into a plot.
My favorite part is when someone (I won't give it away and say who) wants to kill the main character. While he is in the bathtub. I was cracking up. It wasn't meant to be that funny I think, but in the movie inside my head it was. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to add that into the paper I'm writing for the class. The same paper I'm avoiding my writing this post. My excuse is that its Friday. And I have other homework I'll go do right after this post... just not the paper.
Interesting fact: I keep wanting to spell Isolt as Islot. Seems more like a real name to me I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment