Saturday, April 16, 2011

Return to Me

That is an adorable movie. My sister and I watched it last night. I cried. Multiple times. The only thing I didn't like about it was how much one of the characters swore. The rest of it was sweet, and hilarious, and endearing and... ah. So cute. Please see it.
I admit, it's a little predictable, especially if you've seen as many chick flicks as I have. But the old men in it are so, so funny. It's worth your time to see.
I've been working very hard all day today, so I decided to take a break and write on this here blog. I've had lots of homework, and a quilt to make, and graduation invitations to put addresses on, and a very sad ivy to replant so it can grow again, and pots to wash, and a room to clean, and piano to practice.....
You get my point.
Knowing I couldn't get it all done today I did my best, forced my way past a VERY annoying hour and worked hard. All day. So I think I can slow down. I'm supposed to be a lazy senior aren't I?
My mom got me some pots from a second hand store for next year. I was very excited when I saw them. I'm sure you're wondering why I got excited over pots. Well, because I would like to be able to eat next year, and having things to cook in makes that a lot easier. Imagine me trying to fry an egg on the side walk.
Ew.
The other reason it was amazingly exciting is that the pans were red. She didn't try to choose out red pans, but I'd secretly been hoping for red ones. The best part is that the frying pan says "Kiss the cook" on the bottom.
I think it's hilarious.
Now I just need to get myself a matching apron.
So something exciting happened the other day. I was thinking about my story and I came up with another story that could become a second book. Ok, I was actually thinking about how cool it would be to go to Ireland, and it led me to a scene where I imagined my first reaction, which led to a scene with another girl doing the same thing (hello new character), which led to me wanting to make a story about it. The more I thought about it, the more the idea developed until it became a whole new plot. There is enough in it for two books I think. Now I just need to finish the story I'm working on now....
Which I would really love to split into two books, but I realize all of this is very ambitious. What can I say, I'm a dreamer. Well, that explains the title of my blog.
Another exciting thing has been slowly happening this week. I bet you can guess what it is.
Spring is here. TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The trees are budding a lot. I'm hoping that in a week or two we will be seeing leaves. The crocus's have bloomed and faded already, so I'm waiting for the tulips and daffodils. I actually don't really like tulips. It's one of the most loved flowers in the world (I'm totally making that up, but seeing as how the Dutch are completely obsessed...) but I guess I'm not included in that love. They look too.... perfect for me. I like wild or old english flowers. Like bleeding hearts and balloon flowers. And lungwort, even though that's an awful name. Who would name a flower that? I can't help but wonder why they did.
Like why did my parents consider naming me Mackenzie. I'm so glad they didn't. I'd rather be named Gertrude. That way I could at least go by Trudy. What would you go by with a name like Mackenzie? Mack? Kenzie? Z? Macaroon? Hm. All of those are awful choices.
Thank you for not naming me Mackenzie Mom and Dad. I owe you big time for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment