Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

The last session of conference has ended. This was the best year I've ever listened to. And it wasn't because the speakers were dramatically different, but I was. This year I drank up what the leaders of the church had to say. Beyond being older, I think the difference was that this year I came with a question I wanted to have answered. It made all the difference. I've heard others say so before, but I'd never thought to ask a question of my own before. Now I know that from now on I am sitting down for General Conference with a question in my mind.
It's sad to think that the next conference in October I won't be with my family, but friends at college. Things are changing rapidly, its frightening and exhilarating.
This weekend the weather has been true spring weather, with the sun shining and a slight breeze blowing almost constantly. The birds have been singing and I've had my window open for the first time in a few very long months. It's wonderful. I'm ready to pull out my capris, even though its probably only like 60 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment