Saturday, November 19, 2011

All the Stars in Heaven

I went to the library the other day and found the book after Counting Stars (look a few posts down), All the Stars in Heaven. I enjoyed it, though not as much as the first one. And it was about a different set of characters, just as a warning. It was a good book. I didn't love it, but it was a fun read.
What I did love this weekend was the end to the TV series City Hunter. No, it's not an American TV show, yes it is on Hulu (except for the last episode, we had to hunt that down somewhere else). My roommate and I watched the last four episodes last night. This is my favorite TV show right now, right up there with Dr. Who and Merlin. And the main character is higher than pretty much any other TV character I've seen. The show takes all my favorite elements of TV and combines them very, very well. Though in a few scenes it does have more blood than I would like. If you decide to try out this show, my only warning is that the first episode or so is kind of strange as they try to set the background for everything else. If you want to skip it you have to read a recap of the episode or you will be very lost for a long time. This is a show you have to watch in order unlike most American TV shows. I kind of like it.
I am going home for Thanksgiving this next week and I cannot express how excited I am. I have grown to appreciate my family even more now that I'm further away. I always loved them, but I miss all sorts of little things now, like my littlest brothers smile or talking with my mom or my dad's fantastic hugs. I'm very glad I moved away because I don't think I would have learned to value these things as much at home as I do now. Every time I see my family from now on I plan on taking advantage of every minute.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment