Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blue Skies

We finally had a few days of blue sky this week! It was still very cold, but oh so beautiful. Yesterday I helped with the Bosie Special Olympics. Policemen with the Olympians are running the torch and stopped at the High School. The band played the Olympic theme for them as they ran into the school and then the National Anthem at the beggining of the ceremony. It was lots of fun but really COLD. We ended up having to wait about 45 min. for them to be ready. By that time I couldn't even really play my flute it was so cold and my hands so stiff. But it was nice to talk with all my friends for that long.
Alan and Connie are here before Rowan's blessing. We are going to drive up before church and then back after. I think I'm taking a pair of sweats to wear while we're in the car. I don't like wearing skirts very much.
Today there was a Ten Virgins skit put on by the stake relif society and they invited the YW. It was very good. I could tell that lots of work had been put into it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous have so much fun with everyone at Rowan's blessing! Sounds like a fast trip. So great of Connie and Alan to go! WOW!

    That's cool you were able to participate in that Olympic event. It sounds very COLD, but great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you were able to be a part of the torch event. It is coming the Parma this week.

    ReplyDelete