Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood

Alright, so I'm trying to give a small blurb about every book on my list. I decided to start at the bottom, cause I'm cool like that. Treasure at the Heart of the Tanglewood is a book that I read when I was younger, as in like 13-14. I haven't read it since then, but I really loved the story. It's about a girl who lives on the edge of the forest. She lives by herself except for the animals and a magician guy who visits every once in a while.
I'm not going to say any more than that (partially because my memory is fuzzy on the book), but it's pretty good. I would probably not read it now, but I liked it then. It's a good recommendation to give like a younger sister or something.
So I did something very silly, but very typical of me. I decided I wanted French Toast for dinner (YUMMY!) so I went to buy bread and eggs. Guess what I forgot? Syrup. Luckily one of my roommates let me borrow from her. It was very delicious syrup. But I should probably go get my own before I have french toast again.
Okay, make a huge turn here, I'm changing the topic. I'm trying out Pandora radio for the first time tonight. I can't decide if I like it or not. One thing I do know is that I like Grooveshark better. Pandora seems like its good for helping me find new songs, but it doesn't actually play songs I like. Grooveshark is a playlist of songs. So I think I'm going to stick with my groovy aquatic friend and only use Pandora to find new songs.
I feel strange not being at mutual (youth group). I have gone almost every single Wednesday night at 7 for... years. Since I was twelve. That's a long time. To not go tonight (seeing as how there is no youth group in college) feels weird. I don't like it. In fact, I'm very bored right now. I have no classes tomorrow so I'm not doing my homework, and all my roomies are out or busy doing something. So.... yeah. I have no idea what to do. At home I would read or go talk with my parents or hunt down a friend. Or be at mutual. But I don't very many people here, and they're all busy or live about an hour away. Darn.
This is a very strange feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, it will be better. And only a week until the family reunion (you better be coming.)

    ReplyDelete